Another daycare day for Ewan; another big day of accomplishment on the dress. I got a new zipper from Fabricland and successfully put it in. I sewed up the back seams on the lining and silk. There's a lot of finicky hand-sewing involved now in attaching the lining to the zip, putting beads back on that got removed for the zipper insertion, finishing the bodice scallops at the top of the zip, etc etc, but the big news is that I *think* I'm done with the sewing machine. From here on in, it's all hand-sewing (except possibly for the hem of the silk which - given yesterday's paranoia - I'm not doing to do until Karine tries on the dress one more time). Speaking of the hem paranoia, I figured out that if I did make the lace too short, I can always add on another layer of scallops to increase the length. This has reassured me to no end.
Hours: 3
Tasks: inserted zipper; sewed back seams of lining and silk; hemmed lining; did required hand-sewing to finish zipper properly
Entertainment: CBC Radio One
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment